Mushroom Lentil Barley Stew
- 5–6 tablespoons extra virgin olive (divided)
- 1/4 cup cubed smoked thick-cut ham
- 1/2 small yellow onion
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baharat
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1–1/2 to 2 cups prepared spiced lentil and barley
- 3–4 cups vegetable broth
- Add half the olive to a pot and heat over medium
- Add the cubed ham to the pot and crisp, stirring frequently for 4-5 minutes
- Next, add the onion, celery, carrots, and mushrooms to the pot with the rest of the oil, spiced and salt then toss to coat all the vegetables.
- After about 8 minutes once the vegetables begin to soften, add the wine and stir. Then after the wine has cooked off, 2-3 minutes later add in the prepared lentils and barley mix.
- Next, cover with vegetable broth and simmer for about 10-12 minutes or until ready to enjoy!