A spicy chile paste from Tunisia paired with sweet yet tart fresh cherries cooked together to glaze and flavor a perfect piece of rich buttery salmon!
HARISSA CHERRY GLAZE
- 1–1/2 cups tart cherries, fresh or frozen, pitted
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2–3 tablespoon harissa paste (depending on how spicy you’d like)
- 2 teaspoons salt
1 lb boneless salmon fillet
- In a saucepan combine the glaze ingredients and simmer over medium-low heat stirring occasionally.
- After about 15-20 minutes or until the cherries have burst and softened and a syrupy liquid is created pull the sauce off the heat.
- Prep the salmon by patting it dry with a paper towel and turn the oven on to broil
- On an aluminum-lined baking sheet place, the salmon skin side down, and with a pastry brush or spoon glaze the salmon with the sauce avoiding the whole burst cherries
- Broil the salmon for about 10 minutes until firm and let rest for about 3- 5 minutes before serving, enjoy