Caramelized Meyer Lemon Slaw
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 Meyer lemons, thinly sliced
- 2–3 tablespoons white wine
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small head of cabbage thinly sliced
- To a skillet over medium heat, warm the olive oil before adding in enough lemon slices to fill the pan in one layer. Carmelize on each side for 2-3 minutes then remove the slices and add in the remained with sliced shallots. Cook until caramelized then removed the final lemon slices and deglaze the pan with the wine – cutting the heat and scraping off all the caramelized bits.
- To a blender or food processor add the remnants of the pan, all the lemon slices, cooked shallots, honey, salt, and pepper. While blending slowly pour in the olive oil until smooth.
- Pour the dressing onto the thinly sliced cabbage, toss until coated and enjoy!