Roasted Red Pepper Baked Halloumi and White Beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more to finish
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1–pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6–8 sprigs of thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1.4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (14 oz) can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 block of halloumi cheese, sliced
- parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and fill a large baking tray with the chopped vegetables, garlic cloves and tomatoes.
- Drizzle the oil over the vegetables as well as the spices, herbs, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes then toss to fully coat.
- Place the tray to bake, tossing halfway through. Cook for about 15-20 minutes until everything is soft and caramelized.
- To a blender add everything on the tray and about a 1/4-1/2 cup of water or vegetable broth until it becomes a smooth and creamy sauce.
- To a large skillet add the sauce and beans then mix until they’re fully coated. Then top the skillet and 5-6 slices of halloumi.
- Place the skillet in the oven and broil on low until the cheese becomes golden.
- Drizzle oil and sprinkle some parsley on top. Toast some bread to serve and enjoy!