Blackberry Lavender Pistachio Cake with Mascarpone Icing
- 1/2 cup full-fat ricotta, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2–3 drops of lavender oil
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup pistachio flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/3 cup blackberries, halved
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2–3 drops lavender essential oil
- 8 oz mascarpone , chilled
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream chilled
- Preheat the oven to 350 line two 6 inch cake pans with parchment and grease lightly with oil
- To a larger bowl add the wet ingredients – olive oil, ricotta, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and lavender oil.
- Then add the dry ingredients -flours, salt, baking soda, and powder – and stir until just combined
- Lastly, fold I the pistachio and blackberries and evenly pour half the batter into each of the cake pans
- Bake the cakes in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick is interested in the center and comes out clean with no batter.
- Let the cakes fully cool. Then make the frosting
- In a small sauce pan over medium-low heat combine the berries and lemon juice. Let the berries begin to warm then light crush them as they slightly simmer breaking down and dealing their juice, take about 5-4 minutes.
- Make sure the mashed blackberries cool completely before adding them to the icing.
- Next whip the mascarpone, lavender oil, and powdered sugar together for 2-3 minutes before slowly adding the heavy cream.
- Next add in the cooked down blackberry sauce and beat the mixture just until soft peaks form, make sure not to overbeat!
- To firm up the icing store it in a container in the fridge for a few hours before frosting
- Frost your cake and enjoy