Roasted Garlic & Herb Pumpkin Hummus is ideal for the autumn season, featuring seasonal squash, flavorful sweet and caramelized roasted confit garlic, and aromatic, woodsy herbs, and is incredibly easy to make!
If you find yourself with leftover pumpkin puree or squash from your fall endeavors, this flavor-packed dip is the perfect solution. Whether you’re looking to enhance your meal prep, enjoy a tasty snack, add a burst of flavor to your dishes, or even as a stunning dip for some holiday festivities.
One star player in this recipe is undoubtedly the squash, but another key ingredient is the robust aromatic garlic confit, which is roasted and caramelized with fruity, pungent extra virgin olive oil. Combined with generous portions of sweet, earthy woodsy herbs like sage, rosemary, and thyme, this hummus takes a basic recipe and transforms it into something absolutely irresistible.
To prepare this hummus, you’ll need a food processor to achieve a smooth and creamy consistency. You can store the hummus in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Roasted Garlic & Herb Pumpkin Hummus Ingredients
For the Garlic & Herb Confit:
- Fresh Garlic: It’s essential to use a fresh head of garlic for the best results.
- Fresh Rosemary: These sprigs offer a piney, resinous, astringent, peppery, lemony, and woodsy flavor.
- Fresh Thyme: Adds an earthy, minty, citrus-laced, savory, and slightly woodsy and flowery dimension to the confit.
- Fresh Sage Leaves: These contribute an earthy, slightly peppery taste with hints of mint, eucalyptus, and lemon.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Always choose the highest quality extra virgin olive oil for the best results.
For the Hummus:
- Garbanzo Beans: If you don’t have garbanzo beans on hand, a creamy white bean like cannellini will also work.
- Squash Puree: Whether it’s leftover canned pumpkin puree or homemade squash puree from varieties like butternut or acorn, it’s perfect.
- Confit Garlic Cloves: These cloves are soft, sweet, caramelized, and loaded with flavor.
- Garlic Confit Olive Oil: This oil is infused with all the rich garlic and herb flavors.
- Tahini: Be sure to give the tahini a good stir all the way down to the bottom of the jar, as it tends to separate easily.
- Lemon Juice: Adds a hint of brightness and refreshing flavor.
- Salt: Enhances all the flavors and makes them pop.