The star of spring, ramps – also known as wild garlic made into a delicious pesto and poured all over super easy freshly made focaccia that makes a delicious vessel for so many kinds of sandwiches!Print
Ramp Pesto Focaccia
- 1 bunch of ramps (about 8-10), trimmed
- 1 handful of fresh herbs such as basil, mint, or parsley (optional)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3–1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
NO-KNEAD FOCACCIA HTTPS://WWW.BONAPPETIT.COM/RECIPE/EASY-NO-KNEAD-FOCACCIA
- In a small bowl combine water and ice cubes to shock the ramps to stop the cooking while bringing a small saucepan of salted water to a boil. Blanch the ramps until bright green for about 20-30 seconds then put them in the ice water to shock them to stop the cooking.
- Rain the ramps and squeeze in a paper towel until the water is mostly removed. Then in a food processor combine everything except the oil until roughly minced. Lastly, continuously pulse the mixture while drizzling in the olive oil through the feeder tube until the pesto is fully combined, and enjoy!