This creamy Maple Cranberry Yogurt dressing is the ideal addition to your autumn and winter cooking repertoire, delivering a delightful blend of tart and sweet berry flavors to elevate any dish.
The dressing’s exceptional berry tartness, derived from the roasted cranberries, harmonizes beautifully with the amber sweetness of maple syrup and the creamy richness of protein-packed yogurt. This combination makes for a truly scrumptious dressing or sauce, ideal for salads, roasted vegetables, meats, sandwiches, wraps, or transformed into a dip when blended with chickpeas or white beans, and so much more!
While it requires an extra step to roast the cranberries, the result is soft, juicy cranberries with a hint of sweet caramelization, thanks to their high sugar content and the addition of maple syrup. This extra effort is undoubtedly worthwhile. To achieve a perfectly emulsified and creamy texture for the dressing, I recommend using a high-speed blender or food processor.
Maple Cranberry Yogurt Dressing Ingredients
- Fresh Cranberries: The star of the show that deserves the spotlight not just on Thanksgiving tables or in dried fruit form.
- Pomegranate Molasses: While entirely optional, this is one of my all-time favorite ingredients. It contributes a sweet, tangy, and robust fruity flavor to the dressing, beautifully enhancing the cranberry notes.
- Greek Yogurt: Opt for the whole milk variety as it offers the best flavor, a pleasing mouthfeel, and significantly less tang than its lower-fat counterparts.
- Maple Syrup: This sweet, cozy, amber sweetness serves to balance out the tart and tangy elements of the dressing.
- Dijon Mustard: A classic dressing ingredient, it imparts an extra touch of heat and creaminess to the mix.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Introducing more depth of flavors to the dressing, this ingredient adds an extra layer of complexity.
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil: It contributes richness and helps tie all the components together seamlessly.