Honey Za’atar Lemon Olive Oil Popcorn
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus a tablespoon to cook the popcorn
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup za’atar
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup corn kernels or 8 cups popped corn
- In a jar mix together oil, honey, sumac, za’atar, lemon zest, and salt.
- Next, in a large pot, coat the bottom with oil and heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add in the kernels, toss them in the warm oil and make sure they are evenly coating the bottom of the pan with a lid.
- Patiently wait for the kernels to start popping making sure to frequently shake the pan.
- Once the kernels stop popping add them to a massive bowl and pour over the honey za’atar oil
- Toss until all the kernels are fully coated and enjoy