Fudgy Vegan Peanut Butter Brownies
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato flesh, no skin
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil (or butter)
- 1/3 cup honey or maple
- 1/4 cup brown or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 chocolate bar, chopped
- 1 extra tablespoon peanut butter and 1 teaspoon coconut oil for “swirl”
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In a blender add the oil, peanut butter, sweet potato, honey, sugar, and vanilla. Blend until smooth
- Next, add all the other ingredients to the blender but the chocolate bar and blend until mixed.
- Lastly, fold in the chopped chocolate reserving a handful to sprinkle on top.
- Pour the brownie batter into a greased and lined 9×9 baking pan.
- Stir together the extra peanut butter and melted coconut oil and make small dollops all over the top of the batter.
- Take a knife and cut through all the tiny dollops to make a somewhat of a swirl effect (will be difficult because the batter will be THICK)
- Sprinkle the leftover chocolate on top and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the toothpick comes out with just moist crumbs and the edges have hardened.
- Let the brownies cool, cut, and enjoy! (they cut better after being in the fridge and are delish frozen too!)