Brown Sugar Pumpkin Streusel Bread
- 1 – 15oz can of pumpkin
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2–1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
FOR THE STREUSEL
- 1/2 firmly-packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup nuts, finely chopped (walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts – whatever you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 350 °F and grease 2 loaf pans then line with parchment
- In a large bowl whisk together the wet ingredients – pumpkin, butter, sugar, maple, eggs, and vanilla.
- In another small bowl, stir together the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, soda, pumpkin spice, and salt
- Gradually fold the dry ingredients into the wet until fully combined.
- In the same bowl that was used for the dry ingredients, stir together the streusel ingredients until a crumble mixture is formed.
- Divide the batter in the pans, and sprinkle a generous amount of streusel on top.
- Bake the loaves of bread for 30-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Allow the bread to cool fully on a wire rack