Almond Citrus Yogurt Cake
- 1/2 cup yogurt (or ricotta)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 eggs – at room temperature
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon or orange juice
- zest of 1 large lemon + orange
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup semolina
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl whisk together the almond meal, semolina, baking powder, soda, and salt then set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl beat together the oil, eggs, sugar, honey, yogurt, citrus zest, and juice until well combined.
- Fold the wet mixture into the dry then pour into a greased 9-inch round cake pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick interested in the center comes out without batter.
- Let cool before icing (powdered sugar and citrus juice) and enjoy!